15-year-old dies after shooting in Madera
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Madera are investigating a shooting that killed a 15-year-old boy.
Officers responded to the area of Lake Street and Cleveland Avenue in Madera around 9:30 p.m. Monday. Authorities say the victim was being followed by a suspect when the shooting happened. When police arrived they found the 15-year-old lying in the front porch of a nearby house.
"He had at least one wound to the torso. He did not respond to our efforts to do CPR and was transported to a local hospital," said Randy Williams, Madera Police Department.
Police are now looking for the gunman. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Madera Police Department.
crimetracker, shooting, madera, madera county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos