Make-A-Wish grants Buchanan HS sophomore a trip to Hawaii
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Every 38 minutes Make-A-Wish grants the wish of a child dealing with a life-threatening medical condition in the United States. In Central California hundreds of kids have had their dreams granted.
Seth Desantis, 16, loves the game of golf. The Buchanan High School sophomore plays for the Bears but he also plays as way to relax.
"It just gets my mind off things, I guess," Seth Desantis said.
While Seth looks like an average teen, he has seen his share of hospital rooms. He has had a heart condition since he was born, undergone extensive surgeries and currently has a pacemaker.
Seth's dad, Paul, says it's been tough to watch his son deal with a serious illness.
"You go to the hospital and see your kid hooked all these machines and sedated and struggling with the pain. It's hard," Paul Desantis said.
Make-A-Wish Central California granted Seth a wish.
"I chose to go to Maui and play at the golf courses there because it's beautiful," Seth Desantis said.
The Desantis family flew to Maui and spent time together. Best of all, they got to play golf at one of top resorts in the world with some of the most breathtaking views. Many big names have played at Kapalua, and now Seth and his dad can say they have too. The trip also lifted a heavy burden.
Now back in the Valley the Desantis family says they couldn't be more grateful to Make- A- Wish and now have memories that will last a lifetime.
"Because it's a great thing they do for families," Paul Desantis said.
Make- A-Wish Central California granted a record 108 wishes in 2013. But there are more than 150 children currently waiting for their wishes to come true
local, amanda venegas
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region