Presidential Air Force One plane on display in Atwater
ATWATER, Calif. (KFSN) -- A piece of presidential history is on display in the Atwater. The aircraft has carried some of the country's top leaders through the decades.
Castle Air Museum CEO Joe Pruzzo said commander in chiefs have used the VC-9C plane to fly around the country. The plan now sits in Atwater as part of the non-profit's collection.
"This aircraft flew President Ronald Regan and president Bill Clinton several times and of course every first lady from Mrs. Rosalyn Carter to Laura Bush and every vice president from Walter Mondale to Dick Cheney," Pruzzo said.
In in the VIP quarters of the VC-9C plane a large chair represents in the spot where the president or top leaders would work thousands of feet in the air.
"I think she'd have a lot of stories if she could only talk," Pruzzo said.
One can only imagine what's taken place inside this aircraft. The former Air Force One plane has served for three decades and Pruzzo said it is a privilege to preserve in the Valley.
"It's really an honor and it's really humbling. Hopefully the public will come out and view this treasure of our nation and its past," Pruzzo said.
The presidential aircraft is a rare opportunity to hear and see history.
atwater, local, amanda venegas
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos