Fresno boy ID'd in plane crash near Chandler Airport
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Coroner's Office has now confirmed the identity of a young boy killed in a plane crash on Thursday.
Authorities say eight-year-old Finn Thompson of Fresno died when the single engine Cessna went down near Chandler Airport. The pilot also died in the crash. He's been identified as the boy's great uncle, Tim Farmer of Tehachapi.
Investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board are working this weekend to determine what caused the crash.
Thompson was a third grade student at Bullard Talent Project School.
Fresno Unified released a statement saying, "He was well-liked by his classmates and teachers. Psychologists will be on campus to support students and staff when they return from winter break. Please keep his family in your thoughts during this very difficult time."
We'll have more details tonight at 6pm.
plane crash, fresno, fresno southwest, fresno county, local
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 47 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt