CHP officer recovering after crash in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A CHP officer is recovering after a rollover crash in Coalinga.
The officer was involved in a high speed pursuit on Highway 198 near Highway 33 around 8:00pm Friday night.
Investigators say he was trying to get ahead of the suspect's car through a curved part of the roadway when he drove onto the shoulder and down a dirt embankment.
The patrol car flipped over, and the suspect got away. The officer was taken to Community Regional Medical Center for treatment, but his injuries are listed as minor.
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 6 min ago
- Who will be Mayor?