Porterville boy hospitalized after hit by car
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Porterville police say a 12-year-old boy has life threatening injuries after he was hit by a car Saturday.
Officers rushed to North Roche St. near Putnam Ave. just after 2 p.m. Police said the young victim was playing catch when he ran out into the street in front of a car.
The 44-year-old driver could not stop in time and hit the child. The boy was then flown to a Fresno area hospital. The driver was not hurt, and investigators say alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
porterville, accident, south valley, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 24 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos