Porterville boy hospitalized after hit by car
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Porterville police say a 12-year-old boy has life threatening injuries after he was hit by a car Saturday.
Officers rushed to North Roche St. near Putnam Ave. just after 2 p.m. Police said the young victim was playing catch when he ran out into the street in front of a car.
The 44-year-old driver could not stop in time and hit the child. The boy was then flown to a Fresno area hospital. The driver was not hurt, and investigators say alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
porterville, accident, south valley, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low