Police ID'd suspect in fatal SE Fresno stabbing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police detectives are releasing new information about a deadly weekend stabbing.
It happened sometime after 2am Sunday in the corner of Matus and Geary in Southeast Fresno.
Police have released the name of the suspect who was arrested Sunday afternoon. They say he is 22-year-old Elbert Bustos of Fresno and say he is facing a murder charge.
Authorities believe he stabbed the victim twice during a fight that involved about thirty people.
The fight started from a personal dispute between two people. There was a fight involving the suspect at Club Legends in Central Fresno earlier. Police say that fight carried over to the home on Matus. Several people jumped into the fight and it became a huge brawl. We're told tasers and pepper spray was used by people in the melee.
Lt. Mark Salazar added, "The victim in this-a 20 year-old hispanic male, didn't know the person that ultimately stabbed him to death but they had friends or relationships or ex-relationships that knew each other."
Police have not identified the victim, but family members have reached out to Action News and said his name is David Vasquez. He was 22-years-old and was turning 23, in January.
Family members say they're in the process of making funeral arrangements
The suspect is in Fresno County jail, facing a murder charge.
fresno, stabbing, homicide, fresno county, fresno southeast, crimetracker, local, anthony pura
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 58 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified 26 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies