Woman dies in 3 car crash on Highway 99 near Earlimart
EARLIMART, Calif. (KFSN) -- California Highway Patrol said one person is dead after a three car crash on Highway 99 near Earlimart. The crash happened around 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Investigators say a horse broke loose from its corral and was on the highway when it was struck by a car. CHP says the driver of the car could not avoid the crash and hit the horse.
The impact sent the horse flying into the windshield and the crash killed a woman. CHP said two additional cars could not avoid the horse. The horse died on the highway. Not one else was hurt in the crash.
Investigators say the woman is from Fresno.
We'll bring you more details as they become available.
earlimart, tulare county, local, mariana jacob
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch