Fresno teen shot after answering his front door
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teenager is in the hospital after being shot while answering the front door at an East Central Fresno home. The shooting happened around 8pm Thursday night.
Fresno police say the victim is an 18 year old gang member, who told investigators he was shot by a rival gang member.
Police say the victim is in serious to critical condition at the hospital. The victim's family was in the home at the time of the shooting, and ran out the back door to safety.
Authorities are still searching for the shooter.
Lt Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department said, "Witnesses say that afterward he casually walked back to the car and got back into a white vehicle and fled the location. Officers right now with our tactical units are currently looking for him."
Police say they know the name of the shooter and what type of car he got away in.
crimetracker, gang, shooting, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting 43 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos