Fresno teen shot after answering his front door
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teenager is in the hospital after being shot while answering the front door at an East Central Fresno home. The shooting happened around 8pm Thursday night.
Fresno police say the victim is an 18 year old gang member, who told investigators he was shot by a rival gang member.
Police say the victim is in serious to critical condition at the hospital. The victim's family was in the home at the time of the shooting, and ran out the back door to safety.
Authorities are still searching for the shooter.
Lt Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department said, "Witnesses say that afterward he casually walked back to the car and got back into a white vehicle and fled the location. Officers right now with our tactical units are currently looking for him."
Police say they know the name of the shooter and what type of car he got away in.
crimetracker, gang, shooting, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 49 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers