Father of Fresno 3-year-old arrested for murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Donald Nelson, the 27-year-old father of a three-year-old boy who died in a suspicious death, was arrested on murder charges.
Police said Nelson admitted to spanking the child repeatedly with a belt after he wet the back seat. Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said the child had significant injuries to multiple parts of his body. Fresno County Jail inmate information website confirmed Nelson was booked early Friday morning.
Police believe he and his son spent the previous night in their car at a park in Central Fresno. They said Nelson was on the way to a friend's house when he pulled over to call 911.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this story.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, murder, child abuse, local, linda mumma
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos