Two 77-year-olds found dead in a Visalia home
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia police are calling the deaths of an elderly couple a possible murder-suicide.
Officers received a 9-1-1 call from someone inside a home on Elowin Court near Ranch around 11 a.m. When they arrived, they found the bodies of a man and a woman who lived there. Police say the husband and wife were both 77-years-old. They say the call reported some sort of trouble.
"Officers responded to an unknown call which means that we did not know what the problem here was at the house," Sgt. Kevin Kroeze with the Visalia Police Department said.
When officers arrived at the house they went inside and discovered two bodies. Police have not released the cause of death. But the violent crimes unit was at the house Saturday trying to piece together what took place.
"There are no outstanding suspects that we're aware of or concerned about; we don't think there's a concern to the community at all," Kroeze said.
Gary Smith lives across the street from where the couple was found. He said he often sees the man who lived in the house go outside to get his mail, sometimes in an electric cart.
"You never expect to see something like that in your neighborhood and of course, we have no idea what did happened," Smith said.
Many of the neighbors Action News spoke with did not seem to know the man or woman very well. Neighbors say the couple has lived in the neighborhood for several years. Police have not said if anyone else that lived in the home or who placed the original 9-1-1 call.
Authorities have not yet revealed how the couple died, but they do not believe anyone else was involved.
visalia, tulare county, murder-suicide, local, anthony pura
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses