Man shot at Academy and Adams South of Sanger
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County sheriff's deputies are searching for a shooting suspect. The shooting happened at the Purple Plum fruit stand near Academy and Adams Avenues around 6 p.m. Saturday.
Deputies say the victim was shot multiple times and he was flown to a Central Valley hospital. Investigators are still looking for the shooter and a motive.
Fresno County deputies, Parlier police, and highway patrol officers blocked off a stretch of Academy Avenue to collect evidence from inside and outside the Purple Plum fruit stand. The fruit stand and a mini mart have stood at the rural intersection for many years.
Deputies say someone at the scene of the shooting called 9-1-1 after two people drove up to the store. The passenger jumped out and entered the Purple Plum, shot the victim and then drove away.
"Deputies found one victim inside the store with gunshot wounds," said Brandon Pursell with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office
Deputies say the victim is in his 30's but have not identified him. A witness who was at the store at the time said the victim was the store owner.
Investigators questioned every witness on scene-trying to put together the moments before the shooting.
"We do not have a motive right now and really we do not have any information we can put out," Pursell said.
Investigators are now looking for a gray four door Honda Accord that fled the scene.
fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, local, anthony pura
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 29 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death 25 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free 34 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180