Costco cruising caught on camera in North Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Costco managers are fed up with vandalism after hours. Managers say trouble escalated when dozens of people damaged the River Park property.
Over the past months, the store has been graffitied and employees are constantly cleaning up and repairing damages. Crowds have become especially large and some of their acts were caught on tape.
Costco cameras were rolling Saturday at 10 p.m. when a small group pulled up to the Costco entrance before they poured a liquid onto the sealed concrete.
"This is where they are doing their little brodies going through. Why they put that down, I don't know, front wheel drive, he had to get right on it because he's got mom's car," Dave Dominici said.
For the next three hours, Costco loss prevention manager Dave Dominici said the crowds grew and the races continued. The entire parking lot, including the area near Home Depot, was used as a raceway. But that is the beginning of the problems Dominici said are getting worse.
"And then some phone calls are made or someway it's known that hey, we're at Costco and then it turns into a full-fledged party," Dominici said.
Damages after the parties are getting pricy. Reinforcements have been added on pillars to prevent more damage and stop the skateboard stunts.
Vandals are also seen in the video trying to remove cabling around carts. The doors have been tagged in the past and heavy planters and concrete trash containers have been destroyed.
"Costco tries to keep our facility nice and clean for the shoppers and after their little things we gotta clean up. We gotta use paint, we gotta use scrubbers, we gotta reseal the concrete," Dominici said.
Managers are now adding security cameras and letting Fresno police know what's going on that's dangerous and on private property. Costco managers plan to enhance video to collect license plate numbers as well, to help prosecute vandals.
crimetracker, fresno, local, sontaya rose
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe