2 injured, 1 killed in Winton shooting
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sheriff's deputies are investigating a deadly shooting on Golden Bobcat near Berkeley in Winton.
No arrests have been made and no suspect description given out yet.
Merced county sheriff's investigators say around 7 p.m. calls began pouring in to 9-1-1 about the shooting on Golden Bobcat Court. When deputies arrived two men were found in front of the home with gunshot wounds. A 26-year-old man and 45-year-old man were flown to hospitals in Modesto. The 26-year-old man later died.
"There was an altercation. As far as who's involved and their roll that's still going to be determined. This is a residential neighborhood and the detectives are going to be speaking with all the different residents here and try to determine all the people who may or may not have been involved," Capt. BJ Jones with the Merced County Sheriff's Department said.
Detectives are going door to door talking with people about what they saw and heard here earlier tonight.
Crime scene investigators are processing the area for evidence. Detectives are also at the hospital in Merced and Modesto to try and get any information from the surviving victims of this deadly shooting.
The exact conditions of the two survivors are not known right now.
We'll bring you more information as it becomes available.
shooting, local, rick montanez
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 18 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Accuweather Forecast
24 min ago