Remains of Sanger Navy crewman found off the coast of Virginia
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The remains of a Navy crewman from Sanger have been found off the coast of Virginia. Sean Snyder, 39, went missing last week after the helicopter he was in crashed.
Four other people were in the helicopter at the time. Two of the sailors died from their injuries the other two were treated and released.
Navy divers found the helicopter's cockpit on Monday but had to stop salvage operations because of weather conditions. Tuesday they continued their search and found Snyder's remains.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
A memorial service for the three crewmembers killed is planned for Friday at Naval Station Norfolk.
fresno county, sanger, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs 25 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident