Grandmother arrested after near drowning of toddler in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The 48 year old grandmother of the two year old near drowning victim has been arrested in connection with the investigation. Chou Vang of Fresno was arrested a short time ago on a single charge of child endangerment resulting in serious injury.
Vang was babysitting the toddler at her residence located in the 8500 block of E Olive Ave when the incident occurred. She and other adults were working in and outside the house while the toddler played with another four year old child in the front yard.
The investigation had revealed Vang left the toddler unattended in the front yard for at least thirty minutes before she was alerted by the other child that something was wrong.
When she responded to the front yard, she found the two year old floating face down in a large fountain. She immediately retrieved the toddler from the fountain and took him inside the house. Another family member began performing CPR on the toddler until deputies and EMS personnel arrived.
The child was transported to Community Regional Medical Center, and then to Children's Hospital of Central California where he is currently on life support.
Vang was transported to the Fresno County Jail where she is currently being booked on the charge.
crimetracker, drowning, fresno county, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 8 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash 41 min ago
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Photos: Selfless acts that will brighten your day