First reported flu-related death in Tulare County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There's been another flu death in the Central Valley. It's the first reported death in Tulare County.
So far, five flu-related deaths have been reported in Fresno County. Three in Kings County. And another three deaths are on record in Merced County.
This year, the H1N1 strain is causing severe illness. In Fresno County, eighteen people are in the hospital right now with confirmed flu infections.
Health officials say people in their 20's to 50's are the most at risk since they tend to avoid flu shots.
flu, h1n1, tulare, tulare county, visalia, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe