Remembering Farrell Gilliam, a young Marine from the Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- You may remember a young Marine with ties to Fresno named Farrell Gilliam. We brought you stories about his fight for life in 2011 after he sustained major injuries while serving his country in Afghanistan.
After a recent surgery in Texas, Farrel's fight came to an end. He was injured in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan in early 2011 after he stepped on an IED.
Corporal Gillian lost both legs at the knee, has a damaged right arm and extreme internal injuries. He received a purple heart at his bedside.
Right now, his body is being driven to Fresno from the Bay Area via a CHP escort.
The Central Valley Blue Star Moms are asking that people come out and give him a heroes welcoming tonight at 7pm in Downtown Fresno at the Yost and Webb Funeral Home at 1002 T Street.
Visit the link if you'd like to learn more about Farrell's fight for life: http://bit.ly/Kc3gVi
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Musical mavericks make waves 17 min ago
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State