Coroner: gunshots did not kill Fresno shooting suspect Joshua Lewis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An accident and not gunfire killed the suspect who murdered one man and shot two other people Thursday night.
The carjacking and shooting spree ended in a ditch west of Fresno when 21-year-old Joshua Lewis crashed a stolen SUV. The Fresno County coroner said Lewis had been shot four times, but with small pellets, and the gunshots did not kill him.
Dr. David Hadden said preliminary autopsy results show Lewis suffered blunt force trauma injuries, like broken ribs, and it seems that is what killed him. Police had said Lewis walked out of the SUV after the crash, and then collapsed, but the coroner said it seems he was ejected.
Toxicology results are still pending.
gang, shooting, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, carjacking, crimetracker, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos