Two shot after argument over 49ers game in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Deputies said two people were shot after an argument about the 49ers game.
The argument happened at a home on Caesar near Illinois around 7 p.m. Sunday. Deputies say a man was upset about the San Francisco 49ers losing to the Seattle Seahawks and shot two men.
The 63 and 45-year-old victims each had a single gunshot wound to the leg and were taken to Community Regional Medical Center for treatment. Investigators say about 15 people were in the home at the time including teenagers and a pregnant woman.
Deputies later found the suspect, 39-year-old Amado Vargas at the CRMC emergency room being treated for a stab wound.
"Alcohol was obviously a factor, and they started giving him a hard time after the loss of the 49ers. He took it personal, grabbed a knife, which then escalated to him grabbing a gun and firing rounds within the residence," said Sgt. Kevin Lolkus with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies say other partygoers struggled with Vargas and were able to take the knife away from him before he grabbed the gun. He is now in custody on two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
seattle seahawks, san francisco 49ers, shooting, crimetracker, fresno, fresno southeast, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys 38 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 17 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 33 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos