FCC classes in the Math and Science building canceled on Wednesday
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno City College canceled all classes on Wednesday in the Math, Science and Engineering building.
Class was canceled on Wednesday for thousands of students after reports of a suspicious package at Fresno City College.
College officials say a faculty member received threatening e-mails about a suspicious package in the college's Math, Science and Engineering Building on Wednesday morning. Officials immediately sent out e-mail and text message alerts to notify students and staff -- and they canceled classes in the building for the entire day while police inspected the classrooms and labs.
"We really put safety first as far our students go. We have a team of our police department in the building now, and they're going through the building searching with a fine tooth comb just to make sure the building is in fact safe," said Cris Monahan Bremer, Fresno City College.
A total of 125 classes in the Math, Science and Engineering Building were canceled on Wednesday. Those classes will resume as normal on Thursday. No other classes or buildings were impacted.
The threat is still under investigation.
fresno city college, local, amanda venegas
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos