3 arrested in Reedley shooting, teen victim in critical condition
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Reedley Police Department has arrested three suspects in connection with a shooting on Wednesday that left the 14-year-old victim in critical condition at Community Regional Medical Center.
Police said they arrested 20-year-old Jose Agauyo, 23-year-old Jose Padilla, and a 14-year-old Reedley resident. All three suspects are being charged with attempted homicide with gang enhancement.
Investigators are still looking for the motive in the shooting, but they say all three suspects have been identified as gang members.
Reedley police said around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, they responded to a report of a shooting in the area of North Avenue and Hollywood Avenue. When they arrived, they said they found a 14-year-old male victim laying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to the upper torso. Officers and first responders with the Reedley Fire Department began CPR on the victim who had stopped breathing before the ambulance arrived. The victim was taken by ambulance to Adventists Health Hospital in Reedley.
Meanwhile, officers located a Black Chevrolet Impala that had fled the scene of the shooting and pursued the car for about 10 miles. The chase ended near the intersection of Avenue 408 and Road 48 in Tulare County. Two suspects were taken into custody.
The third suspect fled on foot and was apprehended about 30 minutes later in a field.
Police said they are unsure if the victim has any ties to a gang.
reedley, tulare county, shooting, gang, local
- Large explosion, building collapse reported in Harlem 1 min ago
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pre-exercise routine
51 min ago