Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Northwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are investigating a fatal accident near West and Emerson in Northwest Fresno involving a train and a pedestrian.
Officers say the unidentified 33-year-old man was running along the train tracks when he jumped in front, attempting to beat the train and was killed after being dragged about a 100 feet.
It's the second incident Thursday where a person was struck by a passing train.
Just after 3:00 p.m. a 41-year-old woman was injured after attempting to jump up and touch a train as it passed at Blackstone and McKinley.
Police say the force of the train pulled her down. She was rushed to the hospital with a fractured arm but is in stable condition.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 12 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 58 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
15 min ago