Valley residents grateful for wet weather
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Everyone Action News spoke with was grateful for the wet and cold weather. Fresno cleanup crews had a few issues through the city where drains were clogged up and there was some small flooding but nothing major. But the big question now on everyone's mind is how much more rain do we need to carry us out of this drought.
Sales of winter sport items spiked following the storm.
People headed to Herb Bauer Sporting Goods to stock up on snowboards and skis. Staff members say it has been a slow sales season but they're seeing more purchases following the snow near China Peak.
Families we spoke with were thrilled to head up to the resort.
"Today it's sparking up. I just sold a pair of boots and a snowboard," said Zach Reifeiss.
"I can't wait to get up to the snow and climb up the big hills and slide down it," said Emma Ledieff.
Watch the videos above for extended coverage from the Action News team.
water, drought, california water, local
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey 58 min ago
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno