Fresno City College hosts events for African American History Month
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- This month Fresno City College has a series of events planned in honor of African American History Month.
Monday the college kicked off the month long celebration. Faculty and staff were invited to the Old Administration building auditorium to hear a few words from the chancellor and from student groups.
There are 17 events planned on campus throughout the month--all of which help to remember and honor African American leaders and their role in the country's history.
"As part of the African American studies program, history is something we do every day and this is something we celebrate, who we have been as a people and our contributions to this country," Karla Kirk, African American Studies Coordinator at Fresno City College said.
The campus events include guest speakers, lectures, movie showings, and a gospel music concert.
fresno city college, good news, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident