2-alarm fire burns at the Fig Garden Villa Senior Community apartments
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters put out a fire that threatened residents in a senior living community in Central Fresno.
The flames started around 4 p.m. at the Fig Garden Villa apartments on Fedora near Blackstone.
Firefighters say the fire started in a laundry room on the third floor. Firefighters believe it may have been due to an electrical issue. An alarm brought residents out of their units.
The fire was snuffed out in a few minutes and residents on the first and second floors were immediately cleared to return. One person was treated on scene for smoke inhalation.
local, anthony pura
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos