Man injured after hit and run accident in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man was sent to the hospital after a car hit him and then took off.
It happened on Chestnut near Garland in East Central Fresno. Police received a call around 11:30 p.m. Saturday that a man was lying in the road near the intersection.
Police believe the man was attempting to cross Chestnut from the East to the West between Dakota and Garland when a vehicle travelling southbound hit him.
The man was taken to the hospital with a compound fracture to his leg and several cuts. That stretch of Chestnut can be dark at night and police are warning pedestrians walking in the area to be extra careful.
Fresno police are still looking for the driver who hit the man.
hit and run, fresno east central, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals