Man injured after hit and run accident in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man was sent to the hospital after a car hit him and then took off.
It happened on Chestnut near Garland in East Central Fresno. Police received a call around 11:30 p.m. Saturday that a man was lying in the road near the intersection.
Police believe the man was attempting to cross Chestnut from the East to the West between Dakota and Garland when a vehicle travelling southbound hit him.
The man was taken to the hospital with a compound fracture to his leg and several cuts. That stretch of Chestnut can be dark at night and police are warning pedestrians walking in the area to be extra careful.
Fresno police are still looking for the driver who hit the man.
hit and run, fresno east central, local
- Shooting reported at federal courthouse in Utah 8 min ago
- One person killed in Fresno County crash
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Photos: Valley families celebrate Easter
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter