Fire damages vacant Gustine creamery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A large commercial fire in Merced County caused millions of dollars in damage Sunday and forced dozens of homes to be evacuated.
The blaze broke out at the former creamery in Gustine around 7 a.m. The vacant building is located off Highway 140 near 2nd St.
Merced County Cal Fire crews arrived to find heavy smoke and fire pouring out of the building.
They evacuated 25 homes in the area because of concerns about the fire spreading. Those orders were lifted Sunday afternoon once the blaze was contained to the property.
Right now the damage is estimated at more than $5 million. The cause is still under investigation.
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno 14 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 1 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos