Bullard High School students paying it forward
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- There was standing room only at a Northwest Fresno High School where many packed the house for a wonderful cause. Bullard High School's Pay It Forward Club organized an annual fundraiser for their fellow students.
Some teenagers performed songs, while others sang. Audience members paid $5 to attend. The money raised will go towards helping students at the school who come from low income families. "Things are so heartbreaking sometimes and it's so cool we can make such a huge a difference in someone's life. These are memories they are only going to have once in a lifetime. It's cool the kids we're helping are the kids we sit next to everyday," said Spencer Holton.
Staff members say the money collected will help students with everything from buying food, and books, to helping pay for field trips for those who come from a tough background.
Organizers expected to raise at least $1,000 during the event.
local, mariana jacob
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 30 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained 9 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 48 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
48 min ago