Clovis police investigate motorcycle chase, crash
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway following a motorcycle pursuit that ended with a crash in Clovis on Saturday, authorities said.
Officers initially attempted to stop two people on a motorcycle for traffic violations, but the bike took off and a pursuit started, according to Clovis police Sgt. Jim Koch. Police said the driver was not wearing a helmet.
The bike hit a car near Peach and Ashlan avenues just after 8 a.m., and both the male driver and female passenger were thrown off, Koch said. Both were taken to the hospital. Their conditions have not been released.
The driver of the car was not hurt.
One woman saw the crash while setting up a yard sale nearby and said it could have ended even worse.
"There were people out here. I was just putting things out, and there were little kids out here and people out here, and that's the scary part that somebody could have gotten hurt," said Donna Carpenter.
The area was closed to traffic as investigators looked into the incident.
accident, clovis, clovis police department, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals