Clovis police investigate motorcycle chase, crash
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway following a motorcycle pursuit that ended with a crash in Clovis on Saturday, authorities said.
Officers initially attempted to stop two people on a motorcycle for traffic violations, but the bike took off and a pursuit started, according to Clovis police Sgt. Jim Koch. Police said the driver was not wearing a helmet.
The bike hit a car near Peach and Ashlan avenues just after 8 a.m., and both the male driver and female passenger were thrown off, Koch said. Both were taken to the hospital. Their conditions have not been released.
The driver of the car was not hurt.
One woman saw the crash while setting up a yard sale nearby and said it could have ended even worse.
"There were people out here. I was just putting things out, and there were little kids out here and people out here, and that's the scary part that somebody could have gotten hurt," said Donna Carpenter.
The area was closed to traffic as investigators looked into the incident.
accident, clovis, clovis police department, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 17 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 43 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart