Woman accidentally sets Visalia home on fire, crews say
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman accidentally set her Visalia home on fire late Saturday morning, firefighters said.
Crews rushed to the house on Garden Street and Laura Avenue just before noon.
Firefighters discovered the resident had thrown her jacket onto a table where a candle was burning. The woman tried to put out the flames herself, but they quickly spread throughout the kitchen.
Fire crews contained the blaze and saved a dog and cat that were inside the home.
The total damage was estimated at about $7,000.
Officials said the two people living there were not displaced.
fire, visalia, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 51 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases