Woman accidentally sets Visalia home on fire, crews say
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman accidentally set her Visalia home on fire late Saturday morning, firefighters said.
Crews rushed to the house on Garden Street and Laura Avenue just before noon.
Firefighters discovered the resident had thrown her jacket onto a table where a candle was burning. The woman tried to put out the flames herself, but they quickly spread throughout the kitchen.
Fire crews contained the blaze and saved a dog and cat that were inside the home.
The total damage was estimated at about $7,000.
Officials said the two people living there were not displaced.
fire, visalia, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 39 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 55 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos