Hanford police arrest 2 women in ID theft, check fraud case
HANFORD, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two women have been arrested on suspicion of identity theft and passing counterfeit checks.
Hanford police arrested Jennifer Taylor, 29, and Patricia Martinez, 31, on Friday. Investigators said the two women stole a purse from a car and then used the ID and Social Security card to create counterfeit checks.
Police said the two women used the victim's ID at multiple locations in Hanford, Lemoore, Fresno and Visalia. Investigators said Taylor and Martinez also opened a charge account at Kay Jewelers and rented a vehicle from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Both women face multiple felony charges including identity theft, forgery and burglary.
theft, crimetracker, hanford, kings county, local
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals