Hanford police arrest 2 women in ID theft, check fraud case
HANFORD, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two women have been arrested on suspicion of identity theft and passing counterfeit checks.
Hanford police arrested Jennifer Taylor, 29, and Patricia Martinez, 31, on Friday. Investigators said the two women stole a purse from a car and then used the ID and Social Security card to create counterfeit checks.
Police said the two women used the victim's ID at multiple locations in Hanford, Lemoore, Fresno and Visalia. Investigators said Taylor and Martinez also opened a charge account at Kay Jewelers and rented a vehicle from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Both women face multiple felony charges including identity theft, forgery and burglary.
theft, crimetracker, hanford, kings county, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno