East Bay News
One arrested during Occupy Oakland confrontation
OAKLAND, Calif. -- One person was arrested after a minor confrontation occurred between police and Occupy Oakland protesters during a Thanksgiving gathering this afternoon, a police spokeswoman said.
A truck tried to deliver portable toilets to Frank Ogawa Plaza, where an estimated 150 protesters had gathered at around 3 p.m., according to Officer Johnna Watson.
There was no permit for this and officers directed the truck to leave, Watson said.
Protesters posted a YouTube video of a scuffle that occurred between officers and some protesters, apparently over the removal of the portable toilets.
Watson said one person was arrested.
occupy oakland, occupy wall street, protest, economy, OPD, oakland, foreclosures, east bay news
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder 18 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos