Inland Empire News
$100K reward offered for Nuevo double-murder info
NUEVO, RIVERSIDE COUNTY -- A $100,000 reward was approved Wednesday for information about the fatal stabbing of two women in Nuevo.
Maria and Connie Gonzalez were attacked and stabbed on the afternoon of Feb. 4. Connie, 25, and her mother Maria, 51, were walking on the 29000 block of Central Avenue when they were attacked by a suspect described as an 18-to-20-year-old Hispanic man wearing dark clothing.
Connie Gonzalez was pronounced dead at the scene. Maria Gonzalez was transported to Menifee Vallley Medical Center, where she died.
The Riverside County Board of Supervisors held a special meeting Wednesday and approved the reward money per Fifth District Supervisor Marion Ashley's request.
The amount of $100,000 was approved for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people involved in the double-murder. The board unanimously approved the reward.
A town hall meeting Thursday night held at the Bob Simpson gymnasium was attended by about 500 local residents concerned and upset by the murders.
The Riverside County Sheriff's Department is asking for the public's help. Persons with information about this incident should contact Investigator Josh Button of the Riverside County Sheriff's Central Homicide Unit at (760) 393-3531 or Investigator Steven Grassel of the Riverside County Sheriff's Hemet station at (951) 791-3405. Information may also be submitted anonymously at riversidesheriff.org on the following link: Sheriff's Homicide Tipline.
riverside county, murder, inland empire news
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos