Inland Empire News
Public's help sought in locating missing SB mentally-disabled man
SAN BERNARDINO -- San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a missing 19-year-old man who suffers from a diminished mental capacity.
Jonathon Allen Norton, 19, was last seen Saturday around 9 a.m. leaving his Yucca Valley residence.
Norton suffers from a diminished mental capacity and has the approximate functional capabilities of a twelve-year-old boy.
His family is concerned about his well being and suspects he may have walked to the Yucca Valley Library. Norton regularly stays at the library throughout the day and returns home late in the afternoon.
He is also known to frequent the Yucca Valley Community Center, Joshua Springs Church, and the Joshua Tree Memorial Park.
Norton is approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighs around 170 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a white checkered jacket and blue jeans.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts was urged to call the Morongo Basin Sheriff's Station at (760) 366-4175 or dispatch at (760) 365-2364.
san bernardino county, missing person, inland empire news
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 11 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 29 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
29 min ago