Inland Empire News
Public's help sought in locating missing SB mentally-disabled man
SAN BERNARDINO -- San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a missing 19-year-old man who suffers from a diminished mental capacity.
Jonathon Allen Norton, 19, was last seen Saturday around 9 a.m. leaving his Yucca Valley residence.
Norton suffers from a diminished mental capacity and has the approximate functional capabilities of a twelve-year-old boy.
His family is concerned about his well being and suspects he may have walked to the Yucca Valley Library. Norton regularly stays at the library throughout the day and returns home late in the afternoon.
He is also known to frequent the Yucca Valley Community Center, Joshua Springs Church, and the Joshua Tree Memorial Park.
Norton is approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighs around 170 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a white checkered jacket and blue jeans.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts was urged to call the Morongo Basin Sheriff's Station at (760) 366-4175 or dispatch at (760) 365-2364.
san bernardino county, missing person, inland empire news
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 48 min ago
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits