Inland Empire News
San Bernardino approves salary increases for police, firefighters
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. -- Despite the city's financial troubles, San Bernardino has approved nearly $1 million in salary increases for police officers and firefighters.
The raises approved Monday are required by the city's charter. The voting process was merely symbolic.
Supporters say the pay increases keep quality employees in the city. Those opposed to the raises fear they could put further financial strain on a city that's already struggling through bankruptcy court.
san bernardino county, budget, inland empire news
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years