Inland Empire News
San Bernardino approves salary increases for police, firefighters
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. -- Despite the city's financial troubles, San Bernardino has approved nearly $1 million in salary increases for police officers and firefighters.
The raises approved Monday are required by the city's charter. The voting process was merely symbolic.
Supporters say the pay increases keep quality employees in the city. Those opposed to the raises fear they could put further financial strain on a city that's already struggling through bankruptcy court.
san bernardino county, budget, inland empire news
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno 57 min ago
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 22 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 34 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 16 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 49 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game 1 min ago
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos