Inland Empire News
Colton sexual assault suspect sought; sketch released
COLTON, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman in the city of Colton on Feb. 27.
The attack occurred on the 700 block of East M Street at approximately 9:35 p.m.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman as she walked to her friend's house after corning her near some shrubs out of sight from passing motorists.
According to police, the victim had met the suspect a while earlier while waiting at a bus stop. She siad the man had identified himself as Tony.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 30 to 50 years old, standing between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 150 pound with black hair and brown eyes. He has acne marks on his face and two scars on his abdomen. The suspect was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, black boots, and a gray hooded zip-up sweatshirt.
If you recognize the suspect or have information on the assault, you're urged to contact Colton Police Department Detective Ray Mendez at (909) 370-5110.
sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 24 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos