Inland Empire News
Colton sexual assault suspect sought; sketch released
COLTON, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman in the city of Colton on Feb. 27.
The attack occurred on the 700 block of East M Street at approximately 9:35 p.m.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman as she walked to her friend's house after corning her near some shrubs out of sight from passing motorists.
According to police, the victim had met the suspect a while earlier while waiting at a bus stop. She siad the man had identified himself as Tony.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 30 to 50 years old, standing between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 150 pound with black hair and brown eyes. He has acne marks on his face and two scars on his abdomen. The suspect was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, black boots, and a gray hooded zip-up sweatshirt.
If you recognize the suspect or have information on the assault, you're urged to contact Colton Police Department Detective Ray Mendez at (909) 370-5110.
sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 30 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- States sue over California's egg laws 43 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt