Inland Empire News
Big Bear Lake infant in coma; dad arrested
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. -- A young father was arrested on suspicion of child abuse in Big Bear Lake after his 10-week-old daughter was taken to a hospital.
Cesar Pedroza, 21, was booked at Central Detention Center Monday for assault on a child causing coma.
Investigators said Pedroza was taking care of his three children, ages 4, 2 and 10 weeks, on Saturday when he called 911 to report that while he was feeding his baby some formula, she stopped breathing.
Deputies responded to the 41200 block of Lahontan Drive. The young victim was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where doctors discovered that she had extensive brain trauma, which was suspected of being caused by abuse.
Authorities conducted an investigation and subsequently arrested the father. His bail was set at $500,000.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation was asked to contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Crimes Against Children Division at (909)387-3615.
inland empire news
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals