Inland Empire News
Big Bear Lake infant in coma; dad arrested
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. -- A young father was arrested on suspicion of child abuse in Big Bear Lake after his 10-week-old daughter was taken to a hospital.
Cesar Pedroza, 21, was booked at Central Detention Center Monday for assault on a child causing coma.
Investigators said Pedroza was taking care of his three children, ages 4, 2 and 10 weeks, on Saturday when he called 911 to report that while he was feeding his baby some formula, she stopped breathing.
Deputies responded to the 41200 block of Lahontan Drive. The young victim was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where doctors discovered that she had extensive brain trauma, which was suspected of being caused by abuse.
Authorities conducted an investigation and subsequently arrested the father. His bail was set at $500,000.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation was asked to contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Crimes Against Children Division at (909)387-3615.
inland empire news
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos