Inland Empire News
Big Bear Lake infant in coma; dad arrested
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. -- A young father was arrested on suspicion of child abuse in Big Bear Lake after his 10-week-old daughter was taken to a hospital.
Cesar Pedroza, 21, was booked at Central Detention Center Monday for assault on a child causing coma.
Investigators said Pedroza was taking care of his three children, ages 4, 2 and 10 weeks, on Saturday when he called 911 to report that while he was feeding his baby some formula, she stopped breathing.
Deputies responded to the 41200 block of Lahontan Drive. The young victim was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where doctors discovered that she had extensive brain trauma, which was suspected of being caused by abuse.
Authorities conducted an investigation and subsequently arrested the father. His bail was set at $500,000.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation was asked to contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Crimes Against Children Division at (909)387-3615.
inland empire news
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case 50 min ago
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash 59 min ago
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots 26 min ago
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos