Inland Empire News
Girl Scout cookie money theft: Man pleads not guilty
PHELAN, Calif. -- The man accused of stealing hundreds of dollars from a Girl Scout cookie stand in Phelan appeared in court Wednesday.
Colin Sawyer, 20, was arraigned in a Victorville courtroom. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and is scheduled to return to court on March 14.
Police said Sawyer made off with $500 last Sunday just as the girls were cleaning up their stand outside a Stater Bros. store.
One girl chased after him, but fell and scraped her knee. Sawyer was arrested Monday night at a gas station.
san bernardino county, robbery, inland empire news
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 1 min ago
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 56 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested 53 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up