Inland Empire News
Girl Scout cookie money theft: Man pleads not guilty
PHELAN, Calif. -- The man accused of stealing hundreds of dollars from a Girl Scout cookie stand in Phelan appeared in court Wednesday.
Colin Sawyer, 20, was arraigned in a Victorville courtroom. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and is scheduled to return to court on March 14.
Police said Sawyer made off with $500 last Sunday just as the girls were cleaning up their stand outside a Stater Bros. store.
One girl chased after him, but fell and scraped her knee. Sawyer was arrested Monday night at a gas station.
san bernardino county, robbery, inland empire news
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos