Inland Empire News
Tuberculosis case confirmed at Palm Desert college
PALM DESERT, Calif. -- Another local college is reporting a case of tuberculosis.
College of the Desert in Palm Desert says the unidentified person has not been on campus since last week and is expected to recover.
It is now working with the health department to identify students and staff who had close contact with that individual. Those people will receive a letter advising that they be tested.
Last week, Barstow Community College revealed a student was diagnosed with TB in February.
health, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 53 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 13 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact