Inland Empire News
Chino pursuit ends after police fatally shoot suspect
CHINO, Calif. -- A pursuit involving Chino police and a wanted fugitive ended in a fatal officer-involved shooting after the suspect attempted to assault deputies Saturday.
Police began pursuing the suspect through Chino Hills at approximately 5 a.m. According to authorities, the suspect rammed vehicles belonging to citizens and a Sheriff's patrol unit during his attempt to flee.
The suspect led Chino Hills sheriffs and Chino police officers on a chase that reached speeds of up to 90 miles per hour along surface streets and three different freeways.
The car pursuit ended on the southbound 15 Freeway where the suspect lost control of his vehicle on the west side of the freeway, exited his car and led police on a short foot pursuit.
That's when authorities say the suspect entered a running semi truck and attempted to assault deputies with the vehicle. An officer-involved shooting ensued.
The suspect, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is unknown if the suspect was armed.
The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Division is investigating the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, car chase, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe