Inland Empire News
Chino pursuit ends after police fatally shoot suspect
CHINO, Calif. -- A pursuit involving Chino police and a wanted fugitive ended in a fatal officer-involved shooting after the suspect attempted to assault deputies Saturday.
Police began pursuing the suspect through Chino Hills at approximately 5 a.m. According to authorities, the suspect rammed vehicles belonging to citizens and a Sheriff's patrol unit during his attempt to flee.
The suspect led Chino Hills sheriffs and Chino police officers on a chase that reached speeds of up to 90 miles per hour along surface streets and three different freeways.
The car pursuit ended on the southbound 15 Freeway where the suspect lost control of his vehicle on the west side of the freeway, exited his car and led police on a short foot pursuit.
That's when authorities say the suspect entered a running semi truck and attempted to assault deputies with the vehicle. An officer-involved shooting ensued.
The suspect, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is unknown if the suspect was armed.
The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Division is investigating the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, car chase, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident