Inland Empire News
5-year-old girl pinned under bus outside Moreno Valley school
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. -- A 5-year-old girl is recovering in the hospital after she was struck and pinned under a school bus at a Moreno Valley elementary school Monday.
The accident occurred on the 11900 block of Athens Drive around 2:25 p.m.
Investigators say the bus was parked at Box Springs Elementary when it rolled backwards, struck the girl and pinned her under the wheels.
The victim was standing on the sidewalk and waiting for a ride home when the bus hit her.
The underage victim was rushed to the hospital for surgery. Her injuries aren't considered life-threatening.
The driver said she was activating a wheelchair lift at the back of the bus when it started rolling.
The California Highway Patrol is handling the ongoing investigation.
A crisis team was brought to the school campus Tuesday to help students cope with the accident.
CNS contributed to this report.
car crash, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash 18 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos