Los Angeles News
Pursuit ends in fiery crash in Boyle Heights
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES -- A high-speed chase ended in a fiery crash in Boyle Heights Wednesday night.
The pursuit ended just before 11 p.m. on the eastbound 10 Freeway connector to the 60 Freeway. Police said they were pursuing a suspected drunk driver with speeds reaching over 100 mph.
When the suspect got to the connector ramp, his vehicle slammed into the center divider wall and burst into flames. Officers got out and rescued the man by pulling him out of the burning car.
He was transported to a hospital. His condition was not immediately known.
car crash, pursuit, los angeles news
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl