Los Angeles News
Pursuit ends in fiery crash in Boyle Heights
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES -- A high-speed chase ended in a fiery crash in Boyle Heights Wednesday night.
The pursuit ended just before 11 p.m. on the eastbound 10 Freeway connector to the 60 Freeway. Police said they were pursuing a suspected drunk driver with speeds reaching over 100 mph.
When the suspect got to the connector ramp, his vehicle slammed into the center divider wall and burst into flames. Officers got out and rescued the man by pulling him out of the burning car.
He was transported to a hospital. His condition was not immediately known.
car crash, pursuit, los angeles news
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch