Los Angeles News
Composite sketches released of West Covina robbery suspects
WEST COVINA, Calif. -- Authorities are asking for the public's help to find three men accused of robbing and killing a tourist from Hong Kong in West Covina.
Police detectives released a composite sketch of two of the three suspects, hoping it will lead to their arrests.
Authorities said the men robbed and killed a 28-year-old man and assaulted his brother at the Eastland Shopping Center, located in the 100 block of Barranca Avenue, around 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1.
The victims were returning to their vehicle after having stopped to eat at a restaurant when they were approached, robbed, and assaulted by two suspects with their hoods on.
The men were seen running to a waiting newer model, dark blue, four-door sedan driven by a third suspect. The three suspects reportedly sped away at a high rate of speed through the parking lot, fleeing with an undisclosed amount of cash and other personal items.
Sheron Khemlani, 29, of Hong Kong was killed by a gunshot to his head. His brother suffered non-life threatening injuries during the assault.
The three suspects were described as male adults between 18 and 22 years old with light complexions and thin builds. The suspected driver was described as having short, black, spiked hair, and acne.
Anyone with information regarding the robbery homicide was asked to contact the West Covina Police Department at (626) 939-8557.
murder, robbery, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 38 min ago
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier 4 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 58 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Man shot in the chest in Parlier; 1 person...
34 min ago