Los Angeles News
Norwalk skateboarder killed by hit-run driver
NORWALK, Calif. -- A man riding a skateboard in Norwalk was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver early Saturday.
The collision happened just before 4:30 a.m. near the intersection of Studebaker and Foster roads.
The victim was identified as 20-year-old Daniel Ortiz of Norwalk. He died at the scene.
Authorities are looking for the hit-and-run driver and the vehicle involved in the accident.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Norwalk Station at (562) 863-8711.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy