Los Angeles News
Acton helicopter crash: 3 people killed
ACTON, Calif. -- Three people were killed in a helicopter crash in Acton on Sunday, L.A. County Fire tells Eyewitness News.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says the helicopter was part of some sort of film production shoot.
The crash was reported to authorities at 3:40 a.m. in the 5700 block of Soledad Canyon Road. The National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are both heading to the scene.
FAA official Allen Kenitzer told Eyewitness News that according to preliminary information, the crash happened at the Polsa Rosa Ranch. He said the Bell 206 Jet Ranger crashed under unknown circumstances, and the aircraft was substantially damaged.
los angeles news
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall 6 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe 33 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...