Los Angeles News
Acton helicopter crash: 3 people killed
ACTON, Calif. -- Three people were killed in a helicopter crash in Acton on Sunday, L.A. County Fire tells Eyewitness News.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says the helicopter was part of some sort of film production shoot.
The crash was reported to authorities at 3:40 a.m. in the 5700 block of Soledad Canyon Road. The National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are both heading to the scene.
FAA official Allen Kenitzer told Eyewitness News that according to preliminary information, the crash happened at the Polsa Rosa Ranch. He said the Bell 206 Jet Ranger crashed under unknown circumstances, and the aircraft was substantially damaged.
los angeles news
- Man kills home invasion suspect with a sword 31 min ago
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus 14 min ago
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos