Los Angeles News
2 bears spotted digging through trash in Monrovia
MONROVIA, Calif. -- A mother bear and her cub were spotted wandering in Monrovia Monday, surprising residents with a mess outside their homes.
A photographer spotted two bears on Norumbega Road around midnight.
The furry visitors reportedly dug through residents' trash for about 45 minutes before heading back up into the hills.
Other than creating a mess, the bears did not appear to cause any problems for those living in the neighborhood.
The photographer also spotted a small mountain lion in the area.
animal news, los angeles news
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 28 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered