Los Angeles News
Wayward seal found roaming Carson streets
CARSON, Calif. -- A baby seal was rescued after it was almost hit by a car in Carson.
The worried driver called deputies after she found the young seal roaming along Avalon Boulevard and Dominguez Street on Feb. 9 around 11 :40 p.m.
After cornering the seal in front of a business, deputies called a rescue center to pick up the seal for evaluation.
Marine animal experts said the seal was less than one year old and most likely ventured into the city through the Dominguez Channel.
According to a representative from the El Segundo-based Marine Animal Rescue, the seal is the eighth rescued near the Dominguez Channel in 2013.
There is no word on whether the seal has been released from the rescue center.
unbelievable, animal news, los angeles news
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword 52 min ago
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State 54 min ago
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos