Los Angeles News
Wayward seal found roaming Carson streets
CARSON, Calif. -- A baby seal was rescued after it was almost hit by a car in Carson.
The worried driver called deputies after she found the young seal roaming along Avalon Boulevard and Dominguez Street on Feb. 9 around 11 :40 p.m.
After cornering the seal in front of a business, deputies called a rescue center to pick up the seal for evaluation.
Marine animal experts said the seal was less than one year old and most likely ventured into the city through the Dominguez Channel.
According to a representative from the El Segundo-based Marine Animal Rescue, the seal is the eighth rescued near the Dominguez Channel in 2013.
There is no word on whether the seal has been released from the rescue center.
unbelievable, animal news, los angeles news
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 10 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations