Los Angeles News
Northern LA County could see toll lanes on 5 Freeway
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- Big changes could be on the way for drivers in northern Los Angeles County. Metro officials are considering a proposal to build a combination of toll and carpool lanes along more than 13 miles of the Golden State (5) Freeway.
The lanes would extend in both directions between the 14 Freeway to the south and Parker Road in Castaic. The proposal includes the use of FasTrak devices that are already in use along the 110 Freeway.
Metro says bringing in toll users on the new lanes would allow them to be constructed by 2019, instead of waiting 30 years for sales tax revenue to accumulate for the project under Measure R.
Public meetings will be held next week: Feb. 26 at the Santa Clarita Sports Complex, 20880 Centre Point Pkwy, at 6 p.m and Feb. 28 at Rancho Pico Junior High School, 26250 Valencia Blvd., Stevenson Ranch, at 6 p.m.
CNS contributed to this report.
antelope valley, santa clarita valley, los angeles news
- Selma man caught downloading child porn at a McDonald's 11 min ago
- Fresno pot shop closes amid Action News investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon