Los Angeles News
Northern LA County could see toll lanes on 5 Freeway
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. -- Big changes could be on the way for drivers in northern Los Angeles County. Metro officials are considering a proposal to build a combination of toll and carpool lanes along more than 13 miles of the Golden State (5) Freeway.
The lanes would extend in both directions between the 14 Freeway to the south and Parker Road in Castaic. The proposal includes the use of FasTrak devices that are already in use along the 110 Freeway.
Metro says bringing in toll users on the new lanes would allow them to be constructed by 2019, instead of waiting 30 years for sales tax revenue to accumulate for the project under Measure R.
Public meetings will be held next week: Feb. 26 at the Santa Clarita Sports Complex, 20880 Centre Point Pkwy, at 6 p.m and Feb. 28 at Rancho Pico Junior High School, 26250 Valencia Blvd., Stevenson Ranch, at 6 p.m.
CNS contributed to this report.
antelope valley, santa clarita valley, los angeles news
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 15 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo 47 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- Accuweather Forecast
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos