Los Angeles News
West LA sex assault suspect poses as magazine salesman
LOS ANGELES -- A man pretending to sell magazine subscriptions attempted to sexually assault a woman inside her home near the UCLA campus.
UCLA police are asking for the public's help to track down the suspect. The incident occurred near the 700 block of Gayley Avenue on Feb. 8.
According to police, the suspect knocked on the victim's door under the guise of selling magazines, entered her home and attempted to sexually assault her.
The suspect fled and was last seen walking southbound on Gayley Avenue.
The victim is not a UCLA student.
The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 25 years old, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing around 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was last seen wearing a navy blue hooded sweatshirt, light blue shorts, tennis shoes and sunglasses.
UCLA police reminded the campus community to take precautions when strangers come to the door. Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Arsena at (310) 825-9371.
sexual assault, ucla, los angeles news
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Brush fire in SoCal scorches 250 acres in Castaic area
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
- Suspect arrested after 2 county chase ends in crash
- Two officers wounded in Visalia shootout
- Police arrest two ID theft suspects in Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos