Los Angeles News
West LA sex assault suspect poses as magazine salesman
LOS ANGELES -- A man pretending to sell magazine subscriptions attempted to sexually assault a woman inside her home near the UCLA campus.
UCLA police are asking for the public's help to track down the suspect. The incident occurred near the 700 block of Gayley Avenue on Feb. 8.
According to police, the suspect knocked on the victim's door under the guise of selling magazines, entered her home and attempted to sexually assault her.
The suspect fled and was last seen walking southbound on Gayley Avenue.
The victim is not a UCLA student.
The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 25 years old, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing around 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was last seen wearing a navy blue hooded sweatshirt, light blue shorts, tennis shoes and sunglasses.
UCLA police reminded the campus community to take precautions when strangers come to the door. Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Arsena at (310) 825-9371.
sexual assault, ucla, los angeles news
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos